Saturday 25 September 2010

Sewcation, sew far.....

Right, the Vogue vintage dress is cut out and started.  It's a lovely pattern and going together really well.  The top section is made, but has the most peculiar way of attaching the top bands.  Next time I make this (because there will be a next time with this pattern) I'll do things a bit different.  The duchesse satin is quite light and sewing together well - a new needle and sharp pins were a must to stop any snagging and I am glad I've interlined the skirt section because the hem won't show through.   Pictures to follow I promise; I've let the battery run down on my camera....bad, bad girl.

As I was wide awake at 5 this morning (?! I don't know why either) I came downstairs and cut out the red needlecord and lining so that's ready to go.  It's just a simple A-line skirt but I think I may finish the hem and waist with red and white spot bias strips.  Pin Queen doesn't do waistbands!


Just as I was getting into the swing of things, this came through the letter box.  So I haven't got much further.  Plus I'm waiting for Ian to get organized so we can get over to Hereford to see his Mum and Dad.  There are a couple of fabric shops in Hereford so a "quick look" will be in order.  I don't think I'll get any more sewing done today....

No comments: