Thursday 16 September 2010

Planning what to do with time off...

Our holiday to Ireland is off - which means I have 11 days at home to fill.  I'm sure it won't be a problem! Ian's busy between the UK and Germany at the moment so I will have to keep myself and Jack entertained (sigh). 
I'm planning a sewcation which will include a trip to Bath and Bristol, sewing pieces for classes, lingerie and a couple of dresses I have at the back of my mind.
Last night I stumbled across accross a lovely vintage pattern site http://www.vintagepatternlibrary.com/ based in the States and saw this dress.  It's something that can be replicated quite easily with a modern pattern - it's added to my "to do" list, but probably unlikely to get done during the sewcation.
I'm also thinking ahead to the party season and have a white satin dress (no honestly, bear with me!) styled with fitted bodice and a fullish skirt in mind.  Not sure my huge behind would look too good in a FULL white satin skirt so it may end up more A-line (ho,hum).   I'll embelish it with black chiffon circles, black grosgrain ribbon belt and black varying sized crystals - it's funny what you think up at 4 in the morning.
Anyhoo ... on with the day.  Must finish new bra and tidy up (again)!

No comments: