Friday, 27 August 2010
Wednesday, 25 August 2010
Saturday, 21 August 2010
I made a full circle skirt earlier this year (ahead of trend - take a look at the Louis Vuitton ads in Vogue this month!!!) and promply forgot how to work out radius, diameter and circumference. Had to Google and ask Ian. Anyhoo, if your maths is as weak as mine here's a simple way to work it all out:
Pi = 3.14
Radius = 2 x 3.14
Diameter = 1 x 3.14
If you know the circumference of the circle (ie a skirt hem, sleeve opening, waist measurement) but need to work out the radius use the following - Circumference divided by 6.28 = Radius
I'm liking Pi.... That's Pi, not Pie xx
PS Pec, I need to measure the length before I can make your skirt I promised in July xx
Tuesday, 17 August 2010
Sunday, 15 August 2010
Today I MUST:
1. cut up customer toile and cut in main and fabric lining
2. alter trousers for work - I work in a popular high street fashion shop 3 mornings a week and we have our new Autum/Winter uniform allowance.
3. sort out sewing lesson diary for September to December 2010 - yes I know, I've left it a bit late in the day.....
4. get Ian up in the loft so I can raid my stash. I have a corset design in my head so want to check out a particular fabric that I have in mind before starting anything new...
5. order new books from Amazon. I'm a sewing book hoarder and know there's a couple of new books due out around September time. I'll let you know what they are when I'm more organised.
Phew! I need to crack on with the day....