Sunday 15 August 2010

Get on with some sewing

Right, today I MUST focus on getting some sewing jobs done. I have two projects underway (if you don't count the ones hidden in the corner); One for a customer and one for myself. My customer is having a one shouldered, sleeveless, fitted dress with a circular ruffle in a lovely quality satin in coral - pics to follow. My project is a classic shift dress in Navy wool crepe with navy lace 3/4 length sleeves -pics to follow
Today I MUST:
1. cut up customer toile and cut in main and fabric lining
2. alter trousers for work - I work in a popular high street fashion shop 3 mornings a week and we have our new Autum/Winter uniform allowance.
3. sort out sewing lesson diary for September to December 2010 - yes I know, I've left it a bit late in the day.....
4. get Ian up in the loft so I can raid my stash. I have a corset design in my head so want to check out a particular fabric that I have in mind before starting anything new...
5. order new books from Amazon. I'm a sewing book hoarder and know there's a couple of new books due out around September time. I'll let you know what they are when I'm more organised.

Phew! I need to crack on with the day....

No comments: