I made view B. Because the fabric is fine I decided to use my overlocker to finish the bottom and side hems of the frill. I have never used fraycheck before and tried it on the corners not realising it would dry so very hard! I'm hoping it may soften a little with the first wash. No biggie but I don't think I will be in a hurry to use that product again.
Side and shoulder seams are finished with french seams and the hem is turned up double. My only gripe with the finished garment is the pattern piece for the sleeve bindings. IMO they are too wide and when I make it again I will reduce them quite considerably. Fortunately they look better on me than modelled by Vivienne below.****Oopsadaisy! Updated comment below....
Without further ado, here it is
|The light is making the fraychecked corners look worse than they are....|
|See, those bindings are too wide.|
Nothing more to say about the construction of this top other than "Easypeasy, Lemonsqueezy"!
So, next up is the green, black and white print I purchased from Gorgeous Fabrics.... I'm hoping the two will go well together!
Enjoy the rest of your day and if you have 5 mins take a look at Hand Made by Carolyn's Vblog. It's interesting to hear each over over the web!
**** Oh dear,oh dear. This is the first garment I have made without reading any of the instructions - and the last. Those sleeve bindings are fine, it's me that's wrong. They are folded in half and hand stitched to the machine sewn line, not completely folded over and hand stitched. I'm just about to re-do them properly!