Wednesday 30 March 2011

Blast, a stupid mistake... And how wide did you say it was?.

I can't believe what I have done; a lapse in concentration and one skirt written off in the space of 30 seconds.....

I started the black and red print skirt this morning, re-threaded the overlocker with black and tested the tension.  Can you guess what I did?  Yup, I tested the tension on a "scrap" of  fabric, except it wasn't scrap was it?  Oh no, it was the front section - so that's that...  I only bought the skirt length so there's no spare, not a little sliver...  Bye bye lovely print, I imagined us shopping for shoes and spending Spring together, but it just wasn't meant to be....  Here's one last look:


Oddly enough, AllisonC's just done the exact same thing to her lovely dress....

So, I threw a mini wobble and moved on.  Next up, green and black print skirt.  I bought this from Gorgeous Fabrics and as it's 150cm wide, I bought 1 yard (America still use imperial measurements).  BUT  it's not 150cm wide is it?  No, its around 120cms so I can't get my straight skirt with seam allowances out of it!   Excuse me - aaarrrggghhhhh!!!!  So I've had to place another order for 1 yard.  What with the bloomin' expensive postage this is going to be a skirt I will have to wear - a lot!  I added some cotton voile and silk lining to the order to make it worth the postage. 


Its been an unsuccessful day - and to cap it all, I've just burnt microwave popcorn - I ask you?!  Roll on tomorrow!

Sleep well

4 comments:

Irene said...

Oh, how sad! I do hope that you have a better day tomorrow.

AllisonC said...

How weird that we did the exact same thing - I really sympathise. Now be extra careful where you put your pieces after you have cut out the skirt. BTW I would write to Ann at Gorgeous Fabrics and let them know if there was a mistake on the website.

Karin said...

Poor you! Your other fabrics are also beautiful too, but I do sympathise!

Debi said...

oh no!!!!! I hate it when things like that happen!!