Tuesday 11 September 2012

September- a month of finishing and planning

Hello! Hope you all had a lovely summer? I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blogs, in between jumping up and down at the tv (Olympics), bbqing between the rain, painting, buying a bathroom and knitting. You know, just normal life. I needed a blogging break, I was getting "stressed" because I didn't post every day, didn't have great photos, and didn't have anything of any interest to say about anything other than sewing.  So I turned a corner - isn't blogging supposed to be "fun"?  I'll blog a minimum of once a month, not stress about how many hits, followers or page views I've had.  For me it has to be about good quality sewing, not chasing numbers.

I have decided that September should be the month to finish up a few projects:

1) casual shirt in a beautiful Liberty print lawn,
McCalls 6401 view D
Liberty Lawn from Sewbox (UK)
2)  2 cardigans (4 sleeves to complete!)

3)  a linen dress in a lovely plum colour with bias strips


Butterick 4443 view C (just love this pattern!)

There are a few projects I would like to tackle over the coming months, the first being a shirt for Ian and the second being a winter coat.

Vogue 1083
There was lots of discussion this summer around how many items of clothing a woman buys in a 12 month period so thought I should keep a track of what I make and end each month with a brief summary. Some months I'm on fire, others I'm just not!  I will commence from 1st October as we head truly into Autumn. Oh, and I hope to overcome my IT phobia and get to grips with my camera - I may even consider buying a new one....


4 comments:

Karin said...

I am most excited about your blouse. Such pretty fabric and a really great shaped blouse too. It makes me want one too!
I think blogging once a month is fine. I just read blogs when they come along. I'd rather read something where someone has something to say.

sew vala said...

Welcome back, you have been missed. I really like your Libity fabric. I also agree blogging should be fun. Why blog every day, there is only so much that can be said and that we want to share

Scruffybadger said...

That blouse in liberty looks like its going to be special....sounds like you're all organised and I guess have been busy at creating, hope it's been productive and fun

Carolyn said...

Welcome back PinQueen, that Liberty fabric is so so pretty, and looks to be a perfect match with that lovely pattern :)
All the best for a great 2013!