Wednesday 26 January 2011

Purple fluff everywhere!

The hoover's been out numerous times already for this project, I have purple fluff - everywhere!

There's been a few people blogging about making fur coats recently, and I had this fabric in my stash from last October, and have been itching to use it.  It isn't a fur as such, it has a nap, and a short pile - here it is, but it doesn't photograph very well:


Back pieces
  The pile is sort of curly - I've forgotten what the correct name for this type of fur is - any suggestions?
I will be honest, I'm not really feeling the love for this project, so I'm  on a go slow.... I think it's a bit too "out there" for my style.


Hand tacked the seam allowances down to interfacing

 
lovely lining! 
 I haven't cut the lining as yet, which is also a sign I'm not in love with what I'm doing.  But I will crack on becuase I promised myself no more half-done projects this year!

And finally....
I have something else on the back burner - again something I've wanted to do for a while and have been spurred on by the beautiful garment Bunny created over at Sewista!


Wool Jersey and wool rovings

Playng with the embellishing machine - progress far
Well. I'm going to Mum's for a couple of days and looking forward to spening some time with her. The lining's coming with me, along with a few other sewing related bits and pieces.  She lives in Dorchester and there is a wonderful fabric shop not too far away in Surminster Newton.  I think we will end up there some how?!
Enjoy the rest of your week!

2 comments:

Oxana Bolgova (B.Oxy) said...

Pin Queen, your fabric is so interesting. In Russian this type of fur called "astrakhan fur" ("каракуль").

I'm sure your project will be very interesting and succesful!

Irene said...

Waiting to see how your coat turns out! I've been eyeing this pattern for a while. Mine certainly won't be as interesting as yours.