Sunday 2 January 2011

Happy New Year all!

Happy New Year to you all.  We had a great evening, we went to a wedding party in Cardiff until 9pm and then had a quick drive over to Bristol to see in the New Year with my sister and her husband.  Yesterday was spent tidying up the leftovers, watching rubbish on the tv, dog walking and reading my new sewing books - all in my comfies (sweats to overseas readers!)


So the plan for today is the v-necked top, with 3/4 sleeves.  With the exception of bra making, I have NEVER worked with knits before.  I'm not looking forward to it, but will see how it goes.  I'll class the first attempt as a working toile.  I'm using a lightweight  cotton jersey in dark lilac marl.  Wish me luck!

I have also discovered SWAP this morning here http://artisanssquare.com/sg/index.php/board,42.0.html and would love to join in Option 2, but don't want to commit myself to something I know I won't be able to complete.  I have my own "plan" for 2011 so will combine it with option 2 from January - April.  I don't know about you, but I do need to plan, otherwise my personal sewing is random and nothing co-ordinates.  I also took a look at Tim Gunn's 10 Essential to help me focus on what I'm doing.

Today I am mainly listening to Barbara Streisend "The Ultimate Collection" whilst sewing.

2 comments:

Karin said...

Eleven pieces is a lot to sew in a reasonably short period of time for most people. My hat is off to the gals who manage to do it.

Irene said...

A plan for sewing is a good thing - even if you stray from it. (Who can predict flights of fancy?)
Knits, once you get a "feel" for them are really quite easy and a quick way to add to the wardrobe.